Purpose of Cleveland Central Intergroup:
To support its associated groups in carrying the message of Overeaters Anonymous to those who suffer from compulsive eating & compulsive food behaviors.
List of Committees:
Cleveland Central Intergroup committees are OA members working together towards a common goal. Any OA member may join and contribute to a committee; there is no abstinence requirement. To volunteer for a committee, please send e-mail to email@example.com.
Plans and conducts recovery and fellowship events, workshops, and marathons.
Committee members are responsible for developing, monitoring, and updating the social network (phone line, website and Facebook page). Details include responding to phone calls and emails from the fellowship and general public and maintaining the website and Facebook page.
Ways and Means Committee:
A fundraiser committee for the intergroup that sells recovery boutique items and OA literature at our events.
Super Committee (comprised of the following 3 committees):
Professional Outreach: Develops and distributes materials to spread awareness of OA and our Intergroup to Healthcare providers (hospitals, doctors offices, mental health providers, treatment centers) as well as community organizations (social service and religious organizations).
Public Information: Focuses on carrying the message of OA recovery and creating awareness of OA through various forms of media (social media, print/newspapers, websites, radio and television) and participating in public events, including health fairs, open houses and medical conferences.
Twelfth Step Within: Carries the OA message of recovery to those who still suffer within the OA Fellowship and addresses relapse and issues of membership retention. Offers the message of hope, encourages OA members to maintain recovery and prevent relapse. The committee also develops and initiates ways to reach out to members who may be in relapse, and who we have not seen in the rooms and to welcome them back.
To see a list of our current committee goals for 2022-23, click here
Current list of Board members. To contact any board member, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
Chair – Pam P. Vice Chair – Karen B. Secretary – Jo A.
Treasurer – Gail K. Delegates – Marilyn D., Maryann M, Yvonne C.
Our current operating procedures and intergroup forms are below:
- Meeting held in January, 2022
- Meeting held in February, 2022
- Meeting held March, 2022
- Meeting held April, 2022
- Meeting held in May, 2022
- Meeting held in June, 2022
- Meeting held in July, 2022
- Meeting held in August 2022
- Meeting held in September 2022
- Meeting held in October 2022
- Meeting held in November 2022
- Meeting held in December 2022
- Meeting held in January 2023
- Meeting held in February 2023
What can you do
- Become an Intergroup rep or alternative for your meeting
- Join a committee or attend a committee meeting
- Attend Intergroup activities and events
- Place your name on an Intergroup sponsor or speaker list
- Vote to contribute a portion of meetings excess funds to Intergroup