Have you tried over and over to control your eating and weight, but nothing has worked? Compulsive overeating, under-eating, food addiction, anorexia, bulimia, binge eating, or over exercising —no matter your challenge with food or body image, you are welcome here at Overeaters Anonymous.
- We are for anyone struggling with food/eating or trying to determine if they have food issues.
- We believe compulsive eating is a disease like alcoholism is a disease.
- Our life-changing approach is physical, emotional, and spiritual, and based on the Twelve Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA).
- We welcome everyone who wants to stop eating compulsively.
- There are no dues or fees for members.
Contact us at:
The OA Preamble:
“Overeaters Anonymous is a Fellowship of individuals who, through shared experiences, strength, and hope, are recovering from compulsive overeating. We welcome everyone who wants to stop eating compulsively. There are no dues or fees for members; we are self-supporting through our own contributions, neither soliciting nor accepting outside donations. OA is not affiliated with any public or private organization, political movement, ideology, or religious doctrine; we take no position on outside issues. Our primary purpose is to abstain from compulsive eating and compulsive food behaviors and to carry the message of recovery through the Twelve Steps of OA to those who still suffer. Recovery is removal of the need to engage in compulsive eating behaviors.”
Unity and Diversity
THE FELLOWSHIP of Overeaters Anonymous encourages and promotes acceptance and inclusivity. All are welcome to join OA and are not excluded because of race, creed, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other attribute. We welcome all who share our compulsion. Everyone with the desire to stop eating compulsively is welcome in Overeaters Anonymous.
Newcomers Meeting – See attached flyer for details.
Ohio Day of Sharing – August 5. See flyer for details.
Together there is a Solution – in person retreat – Sept 29 – Oct 1. See flyer for details.
2023 Region 5 Virtual Convention – September 9. See flyer for details.
Here is our latest meeting list as of April 17 . Click here for the meeting list or see the meeting list tab. Changes to Note:
- Corrected contact phone number for Thursday 10am Mentor meeting.
- Changed contact information for Thursday 1pm Parma meeting.
- Added “In Person date and information for Monday 7:30pm Stow meeting. Don’t have new meeting number yet.
- Changed Header to “Spring” and switched PO Box and web address to appropriate spots